Thursday, January 26, 2012

The "Liebster" (Dearest) Award & Friday's Fence #18 Photo Challenge


Leibster in German means "Dearest". Thank you to "in 2 Paints of R Lil Bit of Cash" AND  http://myequestrianworld.blogspot.com/


The rules of the award are as follows:
1. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who gave you the award
3. Pick your five favorite blogs with less than 200 followers, and leave a comment on their blog to let them know they have received the award.
4. Hope that the five blogs chosen will keep spreading the love and pass it on to five more blogs!


I will add that if you don't want to follow the above directions, I am not taking the award back.  You deserve it and I understand if it is too much.  BUT it is nice to spread the news of fellow blogs we love, so think about it.  :)


1.  One Friesian Sporthorse, One Percheron & One Donkey
She is an adventurous soul and dotes on her four legged babies AND she has a 1/2 Friesian (like me) and I love seeing her photos and here what is going on at her farm. 


2.  Ferngrove Farm
Life in New Zealand with horses.... need I say more.  She has a gorgeous new horse and the weather over there right now is spectacular! 


3.  Galloping Mind
A blog in large part (but not always) that is about the place I keep my horse, NOT written by me.  It is a cast of characters, I'll say that!  Always well written and well thought out.


4.  Make Mine a Draft
The newest blog I am following and she is fun and really deserves more followers!


5.  The Blogging Horse
OK... This is a fun blog.  It is usually written in the perspective of her horse (A FREISIAN), Henk.  I am her only follower that has joined her site and I really think that is a shame.  Check this out and see if you don't find it charming!


OK!  If you are not on this list do not pout!  I sweated over each and every decision.  I wanted a list of variety, and I think I did it.  I love all of the blogs I follow and would put you all up here if it was allowed!  :)


Thank you both for awarding me the "Liebster Award!"

* * * * *

Now on to Friday's Fence #18 (click on link to see other's contributions)


Now, of course, the beauty of the horse and tree line and the little yellow flowers are all charming, but I think the fence also helps draw the eye into this photo or perhaps redirect it when the eye wanders a bit.  What do you think?

And don't forget to take a quick look at the blogs above (plus the two that awarded me the Liebster Award. 

10 comments:

Rose said...

I only have eyes for the horse!

Teresa said...

I think the horse is beautiful!

A Colorful World said...

Gorgeous photo! What beautiful horses!

Carletta said...

Lovely photo of the horses!

genie said...

I do think the bit of exposed fencing does draw in the eye. Love the way the hose is looking right at you. Amazing. A lovely shot.genie

Faye said...

I'm trying to figure out your shooting angle--whatever it was, it was so right! Great photo of these beautiful animals. Wish My hair was that color! :-)

Margaret said...

Thank you, all!

Faye... I was behind a fence and this pasture had a lot of hills. I used a zoom, of course, but I was below the hill and that is why this horse is silhouetted against the sky!

gtyyup said...

Excellent composition...the colors are the perfect combination.

Jan n Jer said...

Simply gorgeous horses....and love the tiny bit of fence too! Great compostition!

Achieve1dream said...

Weird, I thought I commented already. Thanks for the award and congrats for receiving it.

The picture is fantastic! I love it. :D